- All students in the master's program must take a minimum 21 credits in their major field.
- Students in the doctoral program must take a minimum 30 credits in their major field (including 24 credits from the Master's program)
- Students in the master's program who majored in a non-Spanish related field must take prerequisites. However, related subjects taken in an undergraduate program can be acknowledged upon the consent of your academic adviser or the Director of Graduate Studies.
- Students who have taken courses in the master's program cannot take the same courses more than once
- Students specializing in linguistics must take one course (3 credits) in literature and students specializing in literature must take one course (3 credits) in linguistics.
- There are no designated obligatory courses for the Doctoral degree since entering students are limited to Master degree courses of the same field.
- Students in the doctoral program must publish at least one scholarly article in a national or international publication.
- Students in the master's or doctoral program must give at least one public presentation of their thesis/dissertation in front of the Degree Committee and graduate students during a designated presentation period.
- Any article which is not recognized in this document follows the general regulations of the Graduate School.
- Changes in the academic regulations and articles are only possible by unanimous agreement.
|Refer to Korea University Bulletin||SPAN 301 ~ SPAN 499|
※ Among students who entered the Master degree course with a non-Spanish related major background, those specializing in linguistics must take four courses(12 credits) in linguistics and those specializing in literature must take four courses(12 credits) in literature as obligatory courses. However, the credits of the obligatory courses do not count toward the total credits for graduation(24 credits).
1. Master's Program : The exam is divided into two parts: core area and major area.
1)Core Area : Select one of area in Spanish Linguistics (SPA 501～SPA 503), and one are in Hispanic Literatures (SPA 506～510)
2) Major Area :
A) Spanish Linguistics : Select two areas in Spanish Linguistics, in which course work has been completed.
B) Hispanic Literature : Select two areas in Hispanic Literatures, in which course work has been completed.
2. Doctoral Program :
1) According to article number 5, students specializing in linguistics must choose one area in Hispanic Literature and students specializing in literature must choose one area in linguistics for the Comprehensive Examinations.
2) Subject Area :
A) Spanish Linguistics : Select four areas in Spanish Linguistics, in which course work has been completed.
B) Hispanic Literature : Select four of areas in Hispanic Literature, in which course work has been completed.